|Web Quest Sections
What is a Coral Reef?
Adaptations for Marine Organisms
Who's Who in the Coral Reef?
Who Done It??
A mystery for you to solve!
Present Your Findings
|You and your team have
been selected to be part of the crew on the ship, Detective Divers.
You will be exploring the oceans to learn about coral reef ecosystems.
When you complete this mission you should be able to:
Describe coral reefs:
Coral Reef Questions Use the links below to help you answer these questions about coral reefs. You may also use other sources like library books and science software programs. Write the answers in your ocean journal.
1. In what parts of the world are coral reefs located?
2. Are there any coral reefs in the Arctic Ocean?
3. What is coral? (what kind of organism)
4. Draw a picture of a coral polyp or several polyps together.
5. What are cnidae and nematocysts?
6. How does coral get food? What does it eat?
7. What are zooxanthellae and why are they important?
8. How does coral grow and reproduce? How do reefs form?
9. How much does a coral reef usually grow in a year?
10. Why are coral reefs so important? Give at least two reasons.
Intro | What is a Coral Reef? | Adaptations | Who's Who in the Coral Reef? | Who Done It?| Present Findings
© 2000 - 2012
These photographs were taken and edited by the author, Karen Muska.
Clipart: Art Today, The Animation Factory, Microsoft Office